Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: anti-metaphysics
- (philosophy) The belief that spiritual and religious metaphysics is a delusion and pursuing it impedes the advancement of knowledge.
- 1999, Maria Carla Galavotti & Alessandro Pagnini, Experience, Reality, and Scientific Explanation, →ISBN:
- Antimetaphysics is basically a Machian heritage.
- 2003, Anat Biletzki, (Over)Interpreting Wittgenstein, →ISBN:
- Almost nothing is more striking than the antimetaphysics imputed to Wittgenstein by those interpreters who, indeed, see him as so clearly antimetaphysical.
- 2006, Sahotra Sarkar & Jessica Pfeifer, The Philosophy of Science, →ISBN, page 459:
- At logical positivism's heart is antimetaphysics, or, to put it positively, a spirit of enlightenment and anti-metaphysical factual research