Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of advancing; promotion to a higher place or dignity
- 2011 December 14, Angelique Chrisafis, “Rachida Dati accuses French PM of sexism and elitism”, in Guardian:
- Dati launched a blistering attack on the prime minister, François Fillon, under whom she served as justice minister, accusing him of sexism, elitism, arrogance and hindering the political advancement of ethnic minorities.
- The state of being advanced
- An advance of money or value; payment in advance.
- (law) Property given, usually by a parent to a child, in advance of a future distribution.
act of advancing
state of being advanced
payment in advance — see advance payment
property given in advance of future distribution
advancement m (plural advancemens)
- advance (forward movement)
- French: avancement