Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (folklore, fantasy) Opposing or countering vampires.
- 1996, Howard L. Malchow, Gothic images of race in nineteenth-century Britain, page 146:
- This is a revealing passage, for van Helsing is the stern realist, the guiding hand directing the antivampire confederacy.
- 2003, George Jacobs, William Stadiem, Mr. S: my life with Frank Sinatra (page 137)
- The Oscar, Time, and Murrow formed a magical antivampire crucifix that would do more than protect Mr. S from the bloodsuckers of Hollywood; this figurative talisman would also convert the naysayers into idolators.