Jump to navigation Jump to search
apparition (plural apparitions)
- An act of becoming visible; appearance; visibility.
- The thing appearing; a visible object; a form.
- Which apparition, it seems, was you. – Tatler.
- An unexpected, wonderful, or preternatural appearance; especially something such as a ghost or phantom.
- (astronomy) The first appearance of a star or other luminary after having been invisible or obscured;—opposed to occultation.
- (astronomy) A period of consecutive days or nights when a particular celestial body may be observed. An apparition begins with the heliacal rising of the body and ends with its heliacal setting.
act of becoming visible
unexpected, wonderful, or preternatural appearance
astronomy: the first appearance of a luminary after having been invisible or obscured
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
apparition f (plural apparitions)