Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Argonaut
Generalised use of Argonaut.
argonaut (plural argonauts)
- Any of several species of shelled octopods of the family Argonautidae (of which only the genus Argonauta is not extinct).
- 2018 March 27, Mark Carnall, The Guardian:
- Amazingly, it wasn’t until 2010 that scientists experimentally understood how argonauts use their shell constructions to float in the water column and control buoyancy.
- An adventurer on a dangerous but rewarding quest.
- (specifically, historical) A 49er, a person who took part in the California Gold Rush of 1849.
a pelagic octopus of the genus Argonauta
an adventurer on a dangerous but rewarding quest
argonaut m (plural argonauți)
Declension of argonaut