Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
49er (plural 49ers)
- A class of two-handed double-trapeze dinghy (from its maximum length of 16 feet, approx. 4900 millimetres).
- (historical) A miner or other person who took part in the California gold rush of 1849.
- (American football) A player for the San Francisco 49ers, an NFL team.
- A student or player on a sports team at California State University, Long Beach (more commonly known as "Long Beach State").
- A student or player on a sports team at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (more commonly known as "Charlotte" in a sports context).