Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- simple past tense and past participle of .
- (Australia, New Zealand, Britain, Ireland, vulgar, slang) bothered; willing to make an effort.
- I can't be arsed to get out of bed today.
- We asked John if he wanted to come down the pub with us, but he couldn't be arsed.
- 2008, Lynn Broadbent, Infinite Ideas Staff, Be Arsed: 365 Brilliant Ideas for Getting Off Your Backside and Living Life to the Full.
- 2008, Guy Cullen, Loose Ends, page 2,
- You can keep all the macho bollocks that goes with the job. I can't be arsed who thinks what of me to be perfectly honest and I have no time for those that are.
- 2011, Ray Banks. Beast of Burden, page 133,
- […] but here's the way you're supposed to run it: make out like it'll be a long, drawn out process, that you can't be arsed and that they shouldn′t be arsed because it'll probably end up doing fuck all except getting a copper pissed off at them.