Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Arty
- Inclined towards the arts.
- 2021 July 21, Cath Clarke, “Luz: The Flower of Evil review – arty Colombian horror shot through a trippy filter”, in The Guardian:
- But the film is depressingly thin on the women; often it seems more interested in arranging them in arty tableaux than investigating the way that isolation has shaped their personalities and how they see the world.
- (sometimes derogatory) Pretending to artistic worth; high-flown.
- 2015 August 31, quoting Quentin Tarantino, “Quentin Tarantino says Cate Blanchett's 'arty' films don't have 'shelf life'”, in The Guardian:
- “Half of these Cate Blanchett movies – they’re all just like these arty things. I’m not saying they’re bad movies, but I don’t think most of them have a shelf life,” he said.
arty (plural arties)