Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (mineralogy) Any of several fibrous mineral forms of magnesium silicate, used for fireproofing, electrical insulation, building materials, brake linings, chemical filters, suits, fireman's gloves, etc.
- All types of asbestos are potentially carcinogenic when inhaled.
- Asbestos insulation was once ubiquitous.
- (mineralogy) Any of asbestos-like forms of several minerals, asbestiforms
- (forms of magnesium silicate): serpentine: parachrysotile, amianthus, common asbestos, chrysotile
- (asbestiform): richterite, winchite
- amianthus (a type of asbestos)
any of several fibrous mineral forms of magnesium silicate