Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -æsəl
- (intransitive) To sit, move, or scoot about on one's ass; loaf; wander idly around; waste time.
- 1951, Constance Noyes Robertson, The Golden Circle:
- "May all her public servants arsle around like buss-eyed catawumpuses ! That's what I say. Just like they'll do tomorrow, while we set here and laugh at 'em."
- 1969, Kentucky Folklore Society, Kentucky folklore record:
- You're always assling around.
- 1992, Vance Randolph, G. Legman, Blow the Candle Out:
- "Them boys don't do no work, they just assle around town all day."
- 2009, Nicoline Van Der Sijs, Cookies, Coleslaw, and Stoops:
- He doesn't have anything to do so he's just assling around […]
- 2010, Julian D. Hayden, Bill Broyles, Diane E. Boyer, Field man: life as a desert archaeologist:
- I assled over into a packrat nest without thinking, so the next scene on that damn camera recorder was me leaning over while the ladies in the party pulled cholla out of my tight Levis. I took that with great dignity and aplomb, I assure you.
- Often used with around.