Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (idiomatic) On occasion, sometimes.
- I feel lonely at times, but then somebody phones, or calls round, and I cheer up again.
- 2015, Louise Taylor, Papiss Cissé and Jonny Evans spitting row mars Manchester United’s win over Newcastle (in The Guardian, 4 March 2015)
- If at times Van Gaal’s players let themselves down with careless concessions of possession, Carver knew his side had been reprieved when, back to goal, Wayne Rooney controlled the ball on his chest, swivelled and dinked a shot wide.
- 1992, Rudolf M. Schuster, The Hepaticae and Anthocerotae of North America: East of the Hundredth Meridian, volume V, page viii
- This means, at times, long and perhaps overly discursive discussions of other taxa.
on occasion, sometimes