Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) at one's preference; as one sees fit
- I'm writing my book at will - there's no deadline or minimum word count.
- 1460-1500, The Towneley Playsː
- I give the wit, I give the strength, of all thou seest, of breadth and length; thou shalt be wonder-wise, mirth and joy to have at will, all thy liking to fulfill, and dwell in paradise.
- 2013, Ben Smith, "", BBC Sport, 19 October 2013:
- And yet, United always carried the greater threat. Their movement in attack constantly confounded Southampton's defenders, with Rooney, Van Persie and Januzaj swapping places and eluding markers at will.