Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: préférence
- præference (archaic)
preference (plural preferences)
- The selection of one thing or person over others.
- The option to so select, and the one selected.
2013 June 14, Jonathan Freedland, “Obama's once hip brand is now tainted”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 1, page 18:
- Where we once sent love letters in a sealed envelope, or stuck photographs of our children in a family album, now such private material is despatched to servers and clouds operated by people we don't know and will never meet. Perhaps we assume that our name, address and search preferences will be viewed by some unseen pair of corporate eyes, probably not human, and don't mind that much.
Can I keep my preferences when I upgrade to the new version of this application?
- The state of being preferred over others.
- A strong liking or personal valuation.
- A preferential bias; partiality; discrimination.
option to select or selected
state of being preferred
card game — see preferans
- Preferans, a card game, principally played in Eastern Europe.
- preference (selection of one thing or person over others)
- spotřebitelské preference
- volební preference
preference f (plural preferences)
- preference (option preferred over another option)