Jump to navigation Jump to search
From available + -ity; attested since the early 1800s.
availability (usually uncountable, plural availabilities)
- (chiefly uncountable) The quality of being available.
- What is your availability this week?
- 1960 September, P. Ransome-Wallis, “Modern motive power of the German Federal Railway: Part One”, in Trains Illustrated, page 553:
- With an axleload of 16¾ tons they have a fairly wide [route] availability and they have been designed for ease of maintenance.
- (countable) That which is available.
- We have several availabilities.
- (quality of being available): availableness, accessibility
- (quality of being available): non-availability, nonavailability, unavailability
the quality of being available
that which is available
- Route availability on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- “availability”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–2022.