Jump to navigation Jump to search
babbler (plural babblers)
- Someone who babbles.
- 1692, Roger L’Estrange, “ (please specify the fable number.) (please specify the name of the fable.)”, in Fables, of Æsop and Other Eminent Mythologists: […], London: […] R[ichard] Sare, […], OCLC 228727523:
- Great babblers, or talkers, are […] not fit […] for trust.
- Any of several passerine birds, of the families Timaliidae (found in Asia, Africa) and Pomatostomidae (found in Australia).
- (dated) A hound who is too noisy on finding a good scent.
- See also Thesaurus:chatterbox
someone who babbles
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked