Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: back-heel
backheel (plural backheels)
- (soccer) A kick played by the heel which typically travels in the opposite direction from which the player is facing.
- 2011 October 1, Phil Dawkes, “Sunderland 2 - 2 West Brom”, in BBC Sport:
- [Bendtner was central to it at all, firstly firing home, via a deflection off Gareth McAuley, after being teed up by Sebastien Larsson's neat backheel, and then a minute later crossing for Elmohamady to head in an equaliser.
- (wrestling) A method of tripping or throwing by getting the leg back of the opponent's heel on the outside and pulling forward while pushing his body back.
- (soccer) To perform such a kick.
- (wrestling) To perform such a trip or throw.