Jump to navigation Jump to search
backlink (plural backlinks)
- (Internet) A hyperlink to a webpage from an external website.
- (computing) A reference to an object on another server, allowing it to be updated periodically.
- 2002, Jeffrey F. Hughes, Blair W. Thomas, Novell's Guide to NetWare 6 Networks, page 467:
- As mentioned, the major downside to using backlinks is that they are tied to a specific NetWare server and not tied to the external reference objects location in the NDS tree.
- (Internet) To link in this fashion.