Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (US, idiomatic, slang) Extreme; extremely great.
- 1976, CBer's Handy Atlas/Dictionary, page 9, column 2:
- He's making a balls-out run for Motor City by nightfall.
balls-out (not comparable)
- Descriptive of the use of a centrifugal governor at maximum speed, corresponding to full throttle.
- (US, idiomatic, slang) With great abandon.
- (US, idiomatic, slang) At the fastest possible speed.
- balls to the wall, a synonymous term whose proposed etymologic connection to this one has been challenged