See also: Bannerman
bannerman (plural bannermen)
- A person assigned to carry the colours, standards or guidons of a military unit.
2017 July 23, Brandon Nowalk, “The great game begins with a bang on Game Of Thrones (newbies)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- Everything basically winds up the way you’d expect, with Jon heading to Dragonstone to scope out Dany while Cersei more or less successfully marshals some Tyrell bannermen and some Qyburn inventions for the defense of King’s Landing. But it doesn’t feel like a foregone conclusion.
- A man who belonged to the Eight Banners of the Qing Dynasty.
- A person of Manchu descent.
- A samurai in the direct service of the Tokugawa shogunate of feudal Japan, also known as a hatamoto.