Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Bannock
- An unleavened bread made with oatmeal in Scotland, and with cornmeal or wheat flour in Canada, baked in a pan.
- 1941, Emily Carr, Klee Wyck, Chapter 8, 
- "The boats are coming!" The cry rang through the village. Women left their bannock-baking, their basketweaving and hurried to the shore.
- 2007, Gail Anderson-Dargatz, Turtle Valley, Vintage Canada, ISBN 9780676978865, p. 54,
- My father's bannock was nothing but lard, flour, salt, and baking powder patted into big rounds and cooked on sticks over a campfire.
- 1941, Emily Carr, Klee Wyck, Chapter 8,