Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)n
- (transitive, intransitive, nonstandard, proscribed) To learn about; study; educate; teach.
- 1925, Albert Payson Terhune, Najib:
- [...] he shoved the pad under his chief's eyes, "thus it is that I belearn myself all this new-laid English in one time. Listen."
- 2010, Educational Bingo Cards:
- The main way in which bingo is convenient for all subjects and classes, using bingo cards printed with items related to the specific theme, rather than numbers than usual. For example, in a math class, the cards are printed with math problems in a class of English language with words that students must learn to read, and foreign language classroom, in the words of Spanish or French vocabulary that Students are required to belearn.