Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /bɪˈlivɚ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /bɪˈliːvə/
- Rhymes: -iːvə(ɹ)
Audio (US) (file)
believer (plural believers)
- A person who believes; especially regarding religion.
- She's a believer in life after death.
- 1886 October – 1887 January, H[enry] Rider Haggard, She: A History of Adventure, London: Longmans, Green, and Co., published 1887, OCLC 1167497017:
- But the other two were, comparatively speaking, clean shaved, which of course gave the enemy a larger extent of open country to operate on, though in Mahomed's case the mosquitoes, recognising the taste of a true believer, would not touch him at any price.
- See also Thesaurus:believer
person who believes