Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Cardinal: billion, milliard, thousand million|
Ordinal: billionth, milliardth
Multiplier: billionfold, milliardfold
| Cardinal: trillion, billion|
Ordinal: trillionth, billionth
Multiplier: trillionfold, billionfold
billionth (not comparable)
- The ordinal form of the number one billion.
billionth (plural billionths)
- The person or thing in the billionth position.
- One of a billion equal parts of a whole.
- 2020 April 19, Robin McKie, “Coronavirus: five months on, what scientists know about Covid-19”, in The Guardian:
- That is an extraordinary achievement for a spiky ball of genetic material coated in fatty chemicals called lipids, and which measures 80 billionths of a metre in diameter. Humanity has been brought low by a very humble assailant.