Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛkt
- To cut or divide into two parts.
- (geometry) To divide an angle, line segment, or other figure into two equal parts.
geometry: to divide an angle, line segment or other figure into two equal parts
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
bisect (plural bisects)
- (geometry) A bisector, which divides into two equal parts.
- (philately) An envelope, card, or fragment thereof showing an affixed cut half of a regular issued stamp, over which one or more postal markings have been applied. Typically used in wartime when normal lower rate stamps may not be available.
geometry: a bisector
philately: an envelope or card