bluebottle (plural bluebottles)
- Any of various blowflies of the genus Calliphora that have an iridescent metallic-blue body and make a loud buzzing noise whilst flying.
- A marine jelly of the genus Physalia, which includes Physalia physalis, the Portuguese man-of-war, and Physalia utriculus, the Pacific man-of-war; a man-of-war.
- A cornflower, a plant that grows in grain fields, Centaurea cyanus, with blue flowers resembling bottles.
- A blue ant, Diamma bicolor, a parasitic wasp native to Australia.
- (slang, derogatory) A police officer.
blowfly of the genus Calliphora
man-of-war — see man-of-war
cornflower — see cornflower
blue ant — see blue ant