Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: bodaboda
boda-boda (plural boda-bodas)
- (East Africa) A bicycle or motorcycle used as a taxi.
- 2017, Tanu Priya Uteng, Karen Lucas, Urban Mobilities in the Global South, Routledge, →ISBN:
- The discussion opened our eyes to what has subsequently become perhaps the most important element of the work, that boda boda drivers are a completely alienated group within Kampala.
- 2018, Mei-Po Kwan, Tim Schwanen, Geographies of Mobility: Recent Advances in Theory and Method, Routledge, →ISBN:
- Meanwhile, all but one of the boda-boda drivers interviewed owned a mobile phone and reported that up to twenty clients had their number stored.
- ^ Philip Briggs; Andrew Roberts (2007) Uganda, Bradt Travel Guides, →ISBN, page 99: “One of the most popular ways of getting around Uganda is the bicycle-taxi or boda-boda, so-called because they originated as bicycles with large panniers, used for smuggling goods across borders by rural footpaths.”