Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Boho
- A bohemian.
- 1988 April 1, Roger Moore, “Silos”, in Chicago Reader:
- After all, […] the last thing this country needs is a mannered bunch of Manhattan bohos who use textured harmonics and jingly guitars to create a carpetbagger's vision of the heartland.
- A style of female fashion drawing on various bohemian and hippie influences, popular in the mid-first decade of the 21st century.
- 2007 June 21, Ruth La Ferla, “Another Summer of Love”, in New York Times:
- In pockets of downtown Manhattan and in cities as far-flung as Miami and Los Angeles, young women in the vanguard are setting aside their trapeze and baby-doll dresses — and as often as not, their drainpipe jeans — in favor of a breezier, more audaciously colorful interpretation of boho chic.
- 1975, Joni Mitchell (lyrics), “The Boho Dance”, in The Hissing Of Summer Lawns, performed by Joni Mitchell:
- Down in the cellar in the Boho zone / I went looking for some sweet inspiration, oh well / Just another hard time band / With Negro affectations