Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /taɪɚd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /taɪəd/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -aɪə(ɹ)d
- simple past tense and past participle of
- In need of some rest or sleep.
- Fed up, annoyed, irritated, sick of.
- I'm tired of this
- Overused, cliché.
- a tired song
- (slang, African American Vernacular) ineffectual; incompetent
- Adverbs often applied to "tired": physically, mentally, emotionally.
in need of rest or sleep
fed up — see fed up
overused — see overused