Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɪɡˈzɔstɪd/
- (Canada, cot–caught merger) IPA(key): /ɪɡˈzɑstɪd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɪɡˈzɔːstɪd/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (file)
- Very tired; in a state of exhaustion.
- The exhausted man fell asleep immediately.
- Depleted of resources.
- The exhausted mine was worthless once all the ore had been extracted.
drained of resources
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- simple past tense and past participle of