Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A homeless, usually penniless person, in some way associated with a life along the rails.
- A migratory laborer
- (pejorative) A tramp, vagabond; hence bum
- Often used attributively, as if an adjective. For example, "hobo stew", "he was leading a hobo life."
- See also Wikisaurus:vagabond
tramp, vagabond; bum
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (intransitive) To be a hobo, tramp, bum etc.
- Joe idly hoboed through half the country till he realized hoboing never gets you anywhere in life.
- hoboïst m
- rōmaji reading of