Jump to navigation Jump to search
bombshell (plural bombshells)
- A bomb or artillery shell designed to explode on impact.
- (figuratively) Something that is very surprising, shocking, amazing or sensational.
- (by extension) Someone who is very attractive; a sex symbol.
- Diana Dors, the 1950s blonde bombshell
- 2021 May 4, Ruth La Ferla, “On That Bombshell Billie Eilish Cover for British Vogue”, in The New York Times, ISSN 0362-4331:
- The singer once identified by her shock of green hair has gone blonde and full bombshell, swapping her trademark sweats for a style more domme than deb: pink Gucci corset and skirt over Agent Provocateur skivvies, accessorized with latex gloves and leggings.
a bomb or artillery shell designed to explode on impact
something that is very surprising, shocking, amazing or sensational
someone who is very attractive