- Marked by boredom; boring; uninteresting
2002, Sigrid Nunez, For Rouenna:
- [...], but if he didn't, he says, the job would be too boresome. Boresome, too boresome, is a good way to describe that ten- hour round-trip ride. I am one of the few making it alone.
- 2006, Philip Furia, Michael L. Lasser, America's Songs:
- “[...] You got to hang on to the melody and never let it get boresome.” That desire never to be “boresome” underscored the ebullience and joy in most of his songs.
2007, Katherine Baccaro, Precipice: A Novel of Lust and Lies:
- Boresome time descended. The kind of time that droops over your knuckles and impedes your fingers' function.