Jump to navigation Jump to search
- healthy; vigorous.
- a bouncing baby girl
- 1848, William Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair:
- By the side of many tall and bouncing young ladies in the establishment, Rebecca Sharp looked like a child. But she had the dismal precocity of poverty.
- (obsolete, informal) excessively big; whopping
bouncing (plural bouncings)
- The act of something that bounces.
- 1997, Daniel Price, Without a Woman to Read: Toward the Daughter in Postmodernism:
- […] this book, with its multiple trajectories and frequently violent juxtapositions, is the record, in many senses, of those bouncings.