Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (transitive, idiomatic) To enter illegally or by force, especially in order to commit a crime.
- Somebody broke into his car and stole his tools and CDs.
- Hackers broke into the bank's computer system and stole customer data.
- (transitive, idiomatic) To open or begin to use.
- I finally broke into the second package of cookies.
- (transitive, idiomatic) To successfully enter a profession or business.
- He hopes to break into show business.
- (transitive) To begin suddenly.
- The horse broke into a gallop as they neared the barn.