butter my butt and call it a biscuit
butter my butt and call me a biscuit
- (Southern US, colloquial) An expression of astonishment upon learning something unbelievable (usually positive).
2010, Linda Francis Lee, The Devil in the Junior League: A Novel, ISBN 1429906464:
- Butter my butt and call me a biscuit, could you be any more beautiful?
2014, Jennifer Lynn, New Prints In Old Calico, ISBN 1771551283, page 140:
- “Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit,” the brunette breathed. “I never saw that one coming.”
2014, Kim Richardson, Mystics #2: The Alpha Nation, ISBN 131134540X:
- “Butter my butt and call me a biscuit,” said Simon. He stared at Zoey, and a sheepish smile materialized on his face."
- For semantic relationships of this term, see wow in the Thesaurus.