Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Calabrese
- A particular type of sprouting broccoli.
- 2007, Gregory Holyoake, Scarecrows, page 171:
- Jean Bean was responsible for the twenty comical characters protecting transplanted cabbages, cauliflowers and calabreses.
- 2010, Geoff Stebbings, Growing Your Own Fruit and Veg For Dummies, →ISBN:
- Although most people don't make much distinction between calabrese and broccoli, gardeners need to know the difference. Calabrese is a quick-growing crop, usually maturing in three or four months, and the plants aren't frost hardy.
- 2010, Sven Wombwell, Allotment Gardening For Dummies, →ISBN:
- Sow calabrese indoors.
- 2015, Mark Diacono, The New Kitchen Garden, →ISBN:
- Some things I'm prepared to persevere with but my patience has an elastic limit and with calabrese it snapped.
- IPA(key): /ka.laˈbre.ze/, (traditional) /ka.laˈbre.se/
- Rhymes: -eze, (traditional) -ese
- Hyphenation: ca‧la‧bré‧se
calabrese (plural calabresi)
calabrese m or f (plural calabresi)
- English: Calabrese