Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)diə
- (anatomy) The area of the stomach which directly receives contents from the esophagus.
- 2004, William H. Marquardt, Biology of Disease Vectors, page 300:
- In some insects different cell types can be identified microscopically within the cardia.
- 2012, Kin-ichi Nabeya, editor, Recent Advances in Diseases of the Esophagus:
- The first one is stripping from up to down for tumours in the cardias, the other one is stripping from down to up for cervical esophageal cancer.
- 2012, Werner Peters, Peritrophic Membranes:
- After several rinses in fresh culture medium the cardiae were transferred to sterilized vessels with culture medium which had been sterilized by filtration.
section of the esophagus that connects to the stomach
This entry needs an inflection-table template.
cardia f (plural cardias)