Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɛəfɹiː/
- (General American) IPA(key): /kɛɹˈfɹi/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -iː
- Hyphenation: care‧free
- Without cares or worries; free of concern or worries; without difficulty.
- He left his cell phone behind and enjoyed a carefree summer day at the beach.
- 1964, Sol Marcus, Gloria Caldwell, Bennie Benjamin (lyrics and music), “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood”, performed by Nina Simone:
- You know: sometimes, baby, I'm so carefree / With a joy that's hard to hide
worry free, light hearted, etc.