Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɛɹləsnəs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɛələsnəs/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: care‧less‧ness
- Lack of care; the state or quality of being careless.
- This accident was caused by carelessness.
- 1960 December, “Talking of Trains: B.R. safety in 1959”, in Trains Illustrated, page 708:
- There were, however, 34 deaths among passengers in movement accidents, due mainly to misadventure and carelessness when entering and leaving trains in motion, falling off platforms and out of carriages, and opening and closing carriage doors.
lack of care