Jump to navigation Jump to search
carnivoran (not comparable)
- (zoology) Of or pertaining to the order Carnivora.
- 1996, John L. Gittleman, Carnivore Behavior, Ecology, and Evolution Vol.2, page 486:
- ...the earliest carnivoran diversity appears in the early Miocene rift sediments of East Africa...
- 2016 November 26, Elsa Panciroli, “Rifling through the 'wastebaskets' of palaeontology reveals surprises”, in The Guardian:
- These creatures are so anatomically similar it’s proven hard to figure out their relationships, both with one another and with later carnivoran groups.
carnivoran (plural carnivorans)