Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
carryover (plural carryovers)
- Something whose duration has been extended or that has been transferred to another time
- An amount, especially a sum of money, transferred to a new column in a ledger, or applied to a later time
- 1980 Daniel T. Morrow - The Economics of the International Stockholding of Wheat
- First, as a general rule, carryover stocks are, held in countries that have lower carrying costs, which are probably exporting countries because they enjoy lower prices.
- 1992 Vic Campbell - Junction: Mild Adventure for the Armchair Ruralists
- The “Black Shoe” title is a carryover from the days of coal-burning ships . . .