cart + -age
cartage (countable and uncountable, plural cartages)
- The transport of goods by cart; carting
- A charge made for such transport
- 1848 Thomas Carlyle - Thomas Carlyle
- Railways are forming in one quarter of this earth, canals in another, much cartage is wanted
- 1842 Great Britain Poor Law Commissioners - Report to Her Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for the Home Department, from the Poor Law
- Two-thirds of the usual expense of street cleansing is the expense of cartage, which, with a proper adaptation of the sewers, is wholly unnecessary.