Jump to navigation Jump to search
casefic (plural casefics)
- (fandom slang) A fanfic, typically based on a mystery or procedural franchise, which focuses on the solving of a case.
- 2013, Anne Jamison, Fic: Why Fanfiction Is Taking Over the World, BenBella Books (2013), unnumbered page::
- There are excellent Sherlock fics that focus on mysteries—Verity Burns' “The Green Mile” is among the best known and most successful case fics, incorporating as it does a compelling plot and extensive deduction scenes while also exploring the relationship between Sherlock and John.
- 2017, Marianne Gunderson, "What is an omega? Rewriting sex and gender in omegaverse fanfiction", thesis submitted to the University of Oslo, page 23:
- The story is also a ‘casefic’, i.e. a story which revolves around the investigation of a crime: someone have been poisoning and killing alphas, and the resolution to the investigation turns out to have potentially groundbreaking consequences for Sherlock’s future, as well as for omegas in general.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:casefic.