Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- categorical, absolute, without exception
- 1990 : The urgency of feminism to establish a universal status for patriarchy in order to strengthen the appearance of feminism's own claims to be representative has occasionally motivated the shortcut to a categorial or fictive universality of the structures of domination, held to produce women's common subjugated experience. - Gender Trouble by Judith Butler
- categorical, pertaining to a category
2004, Andrew Radford, Minimalist Syntax: Exploring the Structure of English, University Press, Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, page 55:
- So, there is considerable evidence in favour of drawing a categorial distinction between the preposition for and the complementiser for: they are different lexical items (i.e. words) belonging to different categories.
- pertaining to categorial grammar