Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A sealing material used to seal joints between heterogeneous materials in many kinds of construction and manufacture.
- Oakum was used for the caulking of the hulls of wooden ships.
- 2001, Middle Age: A Romance, Joyce Carol Oates (Fourth Estate, paperback edition, 17)
- Marina's bedroom was a small charming room with small charming windows of aged glass, dating to the mid-1800s, windowpanes badly in need of caulking, overlooking St. Agnes Roman Catholic Church with its heraldic spire floating on the night sky, and its ancient bumpy churchyard.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked