Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Caulk
- IPA(key): /kɔːk/
- (cot–caught merger, Canada) IPA(key): /kɑk/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔːk
- Homophone: cock (some accents)
- Homophone: cork (some accents)
- IPA(key): /kælk/ (some US)
- Rhymes: -ælk (some US)
- Homophones: calc, calk , caulque (some US)
- A composition of vehicle and pigment used at ambient temperatures for filling/sealing joints or junctures, that remains elastic for an extended period of time after application.
caulking — see caulking
substance for filling and/or sealing
- (nautical) To drive oakum into the seams of a ship's wooden deck or hull to make it watertight.
- To apply caulking to joints, cracks, or a juncture of different materials.
to seal joints with caulk