Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (somewhat formal) To engage in sexual intercourse.
- The amorous couple were found copulating inside the car.
to engage in sexual intercourse
copulate — see mate
copulate — see cover
take part in a sexual act — see have sex
to engage in sexual intercourse — see make love
to have sexual intercourse with someone, something — see mount
to have sexual intercourse with — see bed
copulate (not comparable)
- (obsolete) Joined; associated; coupled.
- (grammar) Joining subject and predicate; copulative.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of F. A. March to this entry?)