Jump to navigation Jump to search
chaplet (plural chaplets)
- A garland or circlet for the head.
- A string of beads, especially when making up five decades of the rosary.
- her chaplet of beads and her missal
- (Catholicism) A set of repetitive prayers, typically prayed with a string of beads, but not usually including the Rosary.
- The Chaplet of the Seven Sorrows of Mary consists of seven sets of Hail Marys.
- (Catholicism, specifically) The Chaplet of Divine Mercy, the most well-known chaplet in the Catholic Church.
- People often pray the chaplet at 3:00 pm to commemorate Jesus' death.
- A moulding in the form of a string of beads; a bead-moulding.
- A small chapel or shrine.
- A bent piece of sheet iron, or a pin with thin plates on its ends, for holding a core in place in the mould.
- A tuft of feathers on a peacock's head.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Johnson to this entry?)
- Alternative form of
a garland or circlet for the head
a string of beads, especially when making up five decades of the rosary
Chaplet of Divine Mercy — see Chaplet of Divine Mercy
a moulding in the form of a string of beads; a bead-moulding