Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- moulding (mainly UK)
molding (plural moldings)
- The act or process of shaping in or on a mold, or of making molds; the art or occupation of a molder.
- Anything cast in a mold, or which appears to be so, as grooved or ornamental bars of wood or metal.
- (architecture) A plane, or curved, narrow surface, either sunk or projecting, used for decoration by means of the lights and shades upon its surface and to conceal joints, especially between unlike materials.
- (woodwork) A planing machine for making moldings.
- (founding) A machine to assist in making molds for castings.
- (milling) A mill for shaping timber.
- (founding) A kind of sand containing clay, used in making molds.
act or process of shaping in a mold
anything cast in a mold
architecture: narrow decorative surface