Jump to navigation Jump to search
circlet (plural circlets)
- A small circle.
- A ring (typically of gold or silver) worn as an ornament on the head
- A crown without arches or a covering.
- A round body; an orb.
- 1667, John Milton, “Book 5”, in Paradise Lost. A Poem Written in Ten Books, London: […] [Samuel Simmons], […], OCLC 228722708; republished as Paradise Lost in Ten Books: […], London: Basil Montagu Pickering […], 1873, OCLC 230729554:
- Fairest of stars […] that crown'st the smiling morn / With thy bright circlet.
- (Britain, dialect) A circular piece of wood put under a dish at table.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Halliwell to this entry?)
a small circle
a crown without arches or a covering
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.